Friday, January 16, 2009

T.G.I.M. ???

Well for most today it's a TGIF, Thank Goodness It's Friday, but for us it's a Monday. Jason had the last two days "off." I say it that way because yesterday he actually worked from 7 am - 2 pm for the big Fire Weather Conference at the office. He has worked so hard on the presentations and having everything all ready to go. He came home very happy that it went well and everyone that was able to go from around the Valley and Corpus Christi area were happy with how it went. I'm so proud of him! We got to cap off the lovely day with a dinner among friends. The Pyke's, Johnson's, and ourselves had a wonderful time of catching up from the holidays and yummy food at The Longhorn Cattle Company. (Honestly, I go for the banana pudding!) We got to see 2 of their 3 kids (all adults mind you) before they headed either back off to college (Whoop!) or on to see what God has planned for them to work in Dallas. Oh and of course the Pyke's little guy, Isaiah, was a blast to have around, although he just about chewed my thumb knuckle off! We missed you McAngus', we'll do something with you this next week.

So my Friday, Jason's Monday, was spent actually getting to relax and read some. I had a tough night sleeping for some reason. Here's some of the latest books I have read and enjoyed very much. Check them out sometime, especially Marley & Me. Jason and I have both read it so now we can go see the movie.

(Finishing this one tonight.)

LOVED this one, laugh out loud funny. Just found out there are 2 more after it! Sadly our library doesn't have them, so I'll have to be patient while they do inter-library loan.

What good books have you read recently?

No comments: