Tuesday, January 13, 2009

KOTTBULLAR

Have I ever told you, "I LOVE IKEA!" Well, I do. Mind you, we don't have any of their furniture, but I do have lots of other smaller things that have definitely made life a little easier here in the Straub house.

Today's lunch was SUPER easy! On our trip to Bastrop this past fall we went to IKEA Austin and then IKEA Houston on our way home. We love eating in their restaurant while we shop. The prices are very inexpensive for the amount of food you get. Plus, it's halfway through the shopping trip!! We like to get the 15 meatballs with potatoes and lingonberries for $4.99!! Oh and lets not forget the chocolate cake they have for $2.99!! Can't beat that in restaurants.
So our last trip through IKEA we bought the combo package to get the frozen meatballs, gravy mix, and lingonberry jam. And today it was lunch! Mmmmmm! Cooking the sauce made the kitchen smell like IKEA, it was wonderful!



I don't care if someone thinks I am weird because of this. Other people have their favorite meal from a restaurant that they would love to have at home too. Don't get me wrong, I love the food and it's very flavorful, but it's the memories we have from shopping in the store with friends and family or just us talking about what we will want in our kitchen some day when we own a house. That is what makes it so great.


So... what kind of foods bring the best memories to you?

No comments: