This was dinner on Monday night. Jason made it!
Recipe is below, SOOOO EASY!!!
Tortilla Meat Loaf (in crock pot)
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (or turkey)
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 cup chunky-style salsa
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1. Unless your slow cooker is oval in shape, tear off a 2-foot piece of aluminum foil, cut in half lengthwise, and fold each piece in half lengthwise, forming strips.
2. Crisscross the strips and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker and up the sides, to be used as handles.
3. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the tomato sauce.
4. Form the mixture into a ball, and place it on top of the foil strips, pressing the mixture down to fit the bottom of the slow cooker.
5. Spread the tomato sauce on top.
6. Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours. Remove the loaf using the foil "handles."
Tip: Omit the foil basket if you have an oval-shaped slow cooker, and simply form the meat into a loaf and place it in the slow cooker.
This is approx. how Jason made it:
1 lb ground turkey and divided ingredients above. Instead of tomato sauce he used some diced tomatoes. (I think salsa up on top would be better.) We have oval cooker, so it looked just like a loaf when we took it out. Could use some sour cream and cheese or something to be served with it.