Friday, January 31, 2014

The most amazing cake!

A friend of mine sells baked good from her home to help support her family while staying home with 2 little ones and another on the way.  She bakes some scrumptious breads, but this cake she made to sell for Valentine's Day is AMAZING!  I was lucky enough to try a slice of it today and umm...WOW!





Here is her description: Chocolate Covered Strawberry cake. Made- from- scratch strawberry cake filled with strawberry preserves and creamy whipped chocolate ganache. Covered with more whipped ganache and finished with a silky poured chocolate. ($40, whole cake only)





I admit I'm not overly fond of strawberry cakes, or fruit flavored cakes in general, but this one was just like taking a bite of a chocolate covered strawberry!  Except I didn't have to deal with the cold of the strawberry, the chocolate breaking away and falling off, or the seeds that seem to always get stuck in my teeth.  I HIGHLY recommend if you are local to contact her to place an order soon because she will only be able to make a set number of them in order to guarantee the quality.  Yes, $40 does seem like a lot, but remember this is a homemade cake, no preservatives like what you might find in cakes from the grocery store.


You can reach Laura C. at her Facebook Page here: Thebreadlady Bakedgoods

* I was not compensated in any way for this review and post. I was not even asked to write a review by Thebreadlady Bakedgoods.


No comments: